Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blog project - Task 4

According to Brandon Fibbs you can see many positive points on this movie. He said that everybody must see this film otherwise he will be asked by his grandchildren to explain why he didn’t. In Brandon Fibbs, review I found some arguments to emphasize that film is very good. The first is talking about the photographic evidence; he described it as “the most shocking thing of all”, and the second is the graphs and charts which are in his point of view enough to convince even the most ardent skeptic. Another argument is the scientific views and research in the Global Warming issue and the number of floods, hurricanes and the range of droughts that we’re seeing all over the world. As a result of all of these arguments, Fibbs converted the global warming from hypothetical theory into a real fact.

In fact, when I read Eric’s review I completely understood what
Brandon Fibbs mean by ardent skeptic. But also Eric has his arguments against this movie and he asks for more evidence. The first argument for Eric is that Al Gore has political goals from this lecture more than thinking about the moral issue. Another argument is that photographic evidence might be taken at two different seasons of two different years. The last argument is that the lecture is lacking in references.


In this paragraph I’m going to comment on both reviews from my point of view. I agree with
Brandon Fibbs that the film was very good and effective, but Fibbs’s review makes people shocked more than the film itself when he exaggerates some points. For example he said: “within the next decade—we face an apocalyptic future. Once the tipping point is passed, we will begin the slide towards the destruction of most life on this planet” and “If things are even half as bad as Al Gore says they are in An Inconvenient Truth, we are very likely looking at the end of all humankind”. Of course I disagree with that and I’m thinking that in the future I might send my son to Fibbs to say to him: hi Fibbs, I’m one of the humankind and I’m still alive, are you surprised?. However, on the flip-side Eric was complaining and classifying this movie as a political movie, but actually he was thinking about Al Gore himself more than the movie.

http://brandonfibbs.com/2006/05/24/an-inconvenient-truth

No comments: